My Grandfathers Cartridge Collection

Brent

I posted this at Accurate Reloading, thought some of you might like these pics too.
A collection of many cartridges he collected over his life after comeing back from the war.
smile.gif

He won "best non-gun" the two times he displayed them publically at gun shows here. Not sure how his compares with other collections around the world but he does it for a hobbie and enjoys it.

Anyone that wants to contribute a dummy cartridge and info about it he may not have can email me and I'll see if it's one he has already and get back with you. Wildcats, bigbores, military... he would love anything he doesn't have currently.
smile.gif

My Grandmother just passed away recently, and getting a cartridge or two in the mail from someone he's never met is just something else I thought would help lift his spirit some more. I am not telling him about this here. He'll just wonder where they came from.
wink.gif

Thanks for any responses guys.
smile.gif

fc1c7a9f.jpg

fc1c7b0f.jpg

fc1c7a15.jpg

i'm guessing if we have it, he does too. how about a list of ones he DOESNT have? any in perticular he's looking for? that might be a little easier.

-brian

Mountain Man,
I hear where you're comming from, really.
wink.gif
I wish I could tell you how many he doesn't have but, believe me, there are a freaking whole bunch of cartridges out there most people would never even believe existed... he's got a bunch of em too. Some of the most recent additions were my 416wby a few years back, the Ultra mags he still hadn't picked up, my dads 6.5wsm, the Lazzeroni line of cartridges, 338/416 Rigby Imp.,338/378wby... as you can see, most of the ones he's recently attained we'd think he would have already had, for a while anyway. Alot of it is, the right person at the right time, with the right cartridge, otherwise it can take a while.

Again, I wish I had a list of what he didn't have, he does have one of what he "does" have though. Putting together a "missing" list would likely be very, very dificult.

I figured if someone had something a little different, which he might not have, they'd just email me and I'd go look and see. I already have several to go check on in just one day.
shocked.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
A couple cartridges in the mail would just make him pretty joyfull right now, he already has a giant collection he's pretty happy with.
wink.gif

Mountain Man and everyone else who have emailed me with cartridge contributions;

I didn't figure close up pictures, so you could read the cartridge names on them were too feasable, there would just have to be way too many... at least I'm guessing anyway. I may try it to see how they show up after uploading some of them on Image Station.

I did get a complete list of all the cartridges in his collection that I'll post on Image Station. The list is 21 pages long but, I'll post a link to them when they're finished uploading. I'll email a link to all you gents that have sent me emails too.

Here's the link to the album that contains the list of cartridges he does have.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290088113

Thanks so much.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ 05-24-2003: Message edited by: Brent ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.