My "Forever" Rifle

Excellent! I couldn't keep a straight face either if I was calling a rifle a forever rifle! 🤣

My buddy has a Seekins AR and its surprisingly accurate. Lots of respect for that company.

That's one sweet boom stick!!!!

How do you like that Leupold? Nice rig.

very nice rig!
Thank you all!

Big fan of the Leupold. More importantly, I have a lot of faith in it. I had this on another rifle previously and have not been kind or gentle with it. Tracks perfectly I haven't been able to make it lose zero, damage it, etc. I can't really see any good reason for me to move to another scope or upgrade. For the purpose of hunting it is excellent, especially for the $900 or so I paid for it.

Excellent! I couldn't keep a straight face either if I was calling a rifle a forever rifle! 🤣

My buddy has a Seekins AR and its surprisingly accurate. Lots of respect for that company.
Haha yeah exactly! They make great stuff, the AR's they produce are brilliant. They make tons of actually innovative products in the AR space as well. If I wasn't neck deep in a V-Seven build I'd consider one.
PXL_20210109_182800950-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I would leave it on the shelf just to look at instead of watching cable! Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks! I plan on denting, dinging, scratch, scuffing, and generally all around abusing it 😁

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors rifle. Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Ha! Bring it up on Sunday.

Thank you!

Thanks, yeah I hope so! Coming from a 60's, wood stock, boat anchor of a 30-06; it should be just a little better 😬

Thank you! Yeah you know I would love to do that and I have been thinking about it for a while now. Maybe after my April hunt I will break it down and move forward with it. I just don't have time at the moment, and I don't think I'm decided on color. It's a toss up between matte black to match the action or tungsten for contrast against the action and to match the bipod. Leaning toward the matte black, but we'll see.
I know I'd personally do Tungsten...😁👍🏻

I know I'd personally do Tungsten...😁👍🏻

Yeah I think it would look nice! We shall see. I have some time to think about it.

Forever rifle? No such thing. Lol.

Haha oh I know! Hence the " ". It's a bit of pipe dream, but I'm going to try and make this work for everything. I can absolutely say that from a standpoint of features, technology, weight, and build quality there is very little I desire or need past what is now in my hands.

Excellent build.....a true inspiration. I am looking to outfit my Bergara Ridgeback Premier in 300 Win Mag.....What reticle do you have on the Leupold?? I really like the CDS System & hope to locate the VX5 3-15X44 with a Windplex. Your comments about how durable the Leupold's are give me a bit more confidence. Thanks so much for sharing. Congratulations.

Attachments

• Bergara.Ridgeback.Premier.Pro..jpg
    Bergara.Ridgeback.Premier.Pro..jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 76
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.