my first post here!

Mark611

Hey guy's Mark611 here, I'd like to say hi to all of the members here! I live in IN, and have been shooting guns since I was about 4yrs old, long time ago it seems like almost 50 now whooooo! anyway I'm an avid airgunner and long range shooter with my 308's and 223's and I also reload. I hunt and fish and love the out doors! I've been lurking arond here for awhile readin post and info so I thought I'd make my first post!:rolleyes: I do have allot of questions on some rifle chambers like how can I tell when its out of round for sure? I've been noticing my brass gos in at 2.5 thousands, fire them and some come out around 4+ thousands out of round on my contrisity gauge, I go and neck size them after firing them and their still 4+ thousands out of concentricity, and yes I've done a full prep on the cases turned them and all after a full length resizing on new cases trimmed you name it I've done it to them and I don't understand why their this far out of round? the only thing I can figure is the chamber is out of round, its a fairly new Savage 12FLV 223rem I bought new this yr anybody got any ideas? thanks guy's glad to be here!

:cool:
Hey guy's Mark611 here, I'd like to say hi to all of the members here! I live in IN, and have been shooting guns since I was about 4yrs old, long time ago it seems like almost 50 now whooooo! anyway I'm an avid airgunner and long range shooter with my 308's and 223's and I also reload. I hunt and fish and love the out doors! I've been lurking arond here for awhile readin post and info so I thought I'd make my first post!:rolleyes: I do have allot of questions on some rifle chambers like how can I tell when its out of round for sure? I've been noticing my brass gos in at 2.5 thousands, fire them and some come out around 4+ thousands out of round on my contrisity gauge, I go and neck size them after firing them and their still 4+ thousands out of concentricity, and yes I've done a full prep on the cases turned them and all after a full length resizing on new cases trimmed you name it I've done it to them and I don't understand why their this far out of round? the only thing I can figure is the chamber is out of round, its a fairly new Savage 12FLV 223rem I bought new this yr anybody got any ideas? thanks guy's glad to be here!

welcome aboard Mark611! you will find plenty of good articles and an wealth of info. lots of knowledgeable people if you have questions who can give you trustworthy answers.
enjoy!

Hi Mark, Welcome...

My air rifle gets used more than any other rifle I have.

I'll leave the neck concentrically question for someone who's turned more than me.

Thanks bro for the welcome! My AG's get used allot as well! I do allot of small game hunting with them, I went and sent the Savage back to Savage Arms, its still under warranty! I have read some posts here where others have had some of the same issues, so figure the rifle wont shoot to its accuracy potential the way it is so hopefully Savage will make it right or I have a custom barrel put on it:D I think thats the only way I'll be happy with it!:cool:

Hi Mark , I say o'yea 308's I had one since I was 15, and I paid $155.00 for it brand new... Win Model 100, Latetly i haveen't been on the forum much... busy huntin , yotes & hogs , deer hunting too with my grand kids and Son.

I been trying to get the right glass on my AR-15 and DPMS LR 308 and my Savage 308 ... i don't whats wrong with me??? because i don't know which gun to take hunting anymore LOL:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.