My First P Dog Shoot

TNPshooter

Well, I just finished two days of intense P-dog shooting in West Texas. I ended up shooting 1160 rounds including .223, .22-250, & .243. My favorite round by far was the .22-250. I'm shooting 40gr NBT's behind 39.5 grains of Varget and the results are absolutely explosive! Heads, arms, legs, and guts went flying.

My second favorite round was the 243. It proved useful for long range shots in the windy afternoons. I was shooting 75gr VMAX behind 38.5 grains of Varget.

My least favorite was the .223. I seemed to have a hard time in the wind with this round. I was shooting factory Black Hills 50gr VMAX. Hopefully I will get better results if I hand load the .223.

As soon as i get back home i will post some of the pics from the hunt..

Congrats on going ! :) I have some loads for my 243 w/ 55 Ballistic tip back by 52.5 gr of H-380,,,It ROCKS !!! Total flat super sonic at 4025 fps,,i only shoot those once in a while. Im glade you got to go ! I'm sure your hooked .gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.