My First Long Range Set Up

17Fireball

I've always longed to get a good scope and gun for long range shooting. The money was the problem. At 45, I finally pulled the trigger so to speak and purchased a Savage LRP .260 Rem. and a Nightforce ATACR scope.

Very happy with the gun and scope. Gun is very accurate. Scope is powerful and clear, only issue is it tunnels a bit. Probably will be my one and only long range set up and I am grateful to have it. Shooting 140 grain AMAX, Varget (most accurate in ladder testing), Laupa brass, etc.

Oh what a beautiful feeling as I sat out last night shooting Pennsylvania Groundhogs from 160 to 525 yards. Very, very, happy guy to finally be able to do it. Oh, what a feeling.

Congratulations on your new setup. I built a 260 remington last year. I also found the 140 Amax to be very accurate, but I use H4350.

One of my favorite sports is shooting. I love to watch this game.Here use so many different variation of rifle.

Awesome, congrats! Sounds like you've got a real shooter. 260 Rem is a really cool cartridge too. Post some pics if you have time! :)

Thanks, guys!

It has been in the 90s, to hot for a fat guy like me to hunt. Will get some pictures soon.gun)

OK

I set up a youtube channel. If you don't want to see my long range kills, skip towards the end of the video and you can see my sexy rig. Her name is Tina by the way!

Check out the video at my YouTube Channel Named: Master Predator Hunting

[ame=http://youtu.be/Fj8qg98TV3I]Groundhog Hunting - YouTube[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.