My first Hog!

Bill Maylor

This is the first Hog I ever seen or shot! I was told it was a pretty good size cut Russian Boar. Nobody had a scale. We had to load him with a tractor. I shot him with my 257WBY w/110 ACCUBOND @ 220+yds running across my food plot. 1 shot, he looked liked he slid into home base.
moto_0150.jpg

Well, I had 2 people tell me it weighed at least 350lbs after I had gut it in the field.. I hooked it to a strap and dragged it close to a mile to my tractor so I could do something with it. I have been hunting in this food plot for 14 years and that was the first Hog I ever seen their. It was an exciting day to say the least. Bill Maylor..

I have shot a lot of hogs in the last ten years, and can tell you without a doubt that that hog, is in the 375lb range give or take a few. Great hog man, congratulations. .257 is pretty light for a hog, especially of that size, must have been great placement.

BOY! Even if that was your 100th hog, it's HUGE!!! Agree with the others, WAY more than 200#! GREAT JOB! Now you can become a hog huntn' addict like the rest of us!!!! 24/7/365! Congrats!gun)

Great hog, I'm curious as to how it is gonna taste. I've shot so many hogs I've lost count...the big ones can be rancid. I agree, he's around 350, maybe a bit more.

I have seen some real smelly hogs at the meat processors!! Boy they stink!! I was very shocked with this one and was the butcher, it was a very clean hog. some other guys in our hunt club said about 11 years ago a man had 3 russian boar he cut and was raising in pens got out. They tried trapping them for years with no luck. and gave up about 5 years ago. Some other hunters had them on their game cameras, but no one has ever seen them in the daylight hours. They said I was the first one to see them with gun in hand in 11 years. The other 2 were running with this one. Being in the right place at the right time is being a good hunter. I JUST GOT LUCKY. I hit him high on the front part of the shoulder. Broke neck! The sausage is great:cool:. The pork chops were tuff? We have plenty of them and will find a good way to cook them. I cant wait to try some BBQ, cause my wife's got that DOWN:D:D. Memphis ant got nothing on her! Bill Maylor..

that's awesome! what a huge pig! i used to have a jeep liberty so i have something to scale it against in my mind, and that is truly a trophy! Well done

Did it hurt when your head went through the wall? Why is your friend just standing there smiling, not helping you back out? Err...OOPS, mistook you for the mount! ;)

Sorry, had to add a little humor in there. That thing is GIANT!!!! Once in a lifetime shot and trophy! Congratulations

Yep, ya gotta be proud of that!!!

The taxidermy job is outstanding. The pig is giving someone the "LOOK"!!

Bet one would feel a bit threatened when standing directly in front of that beast....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.