My first elk hunt ...was a success!

82432638-5A54-4738-A790-24AE587A1FE6.jpeg

This is my other trophy from that hunt,

Heck that's not so bad....i purchased a second deer tag this year for over 300$.....theres a lot more to eat from an elk than a little I'm muley buck......

Shoot, the $671 license fee was roughly 67.1% of what that hunt cost me. License, gas, food. ( Not counting the few pieces of gear I bought. ) I did it on the cheap. My uncle made a giant pot of fabulous spaghetti and that was dinner for 4 days. For lunch we went big and made a sandwich and drank a Gatorade. Some of the best times of my life is when I was broke poor and that made me into a penny pincher, ...I do like my guns and a $50k guided hunt would be fun!

Last edited:
Shoot, the $671 license fee was roughly 67.1% of what that hunt cost me. License, gas, food. ( Not counting the few pieces of gear I bought. ) I did it on the cheap. My uncle made a giant pot of fabulous spaghetti and that was dinner for 4 days. For lunch we went big and made a sandwich and drank a Gatorade. Some of the best times of my life is when I was broke poor and that made me into a penny pincher, ...I do like my guns and a $50k guided hunt would be fun!

I have eaten the out of state colorado elk tag sandwich before...it didn't taste very good. Glad you put something in the freezer:)

I can't add anymore as you seem to appreciate what elk hunting really is. Great job!

Well try driving from Florida to Wyoming to find out the guy lied (friend)/guide and don't even have a tag to put on that sandwich lol. We made the best best of it and five Florida boys had a great time without an elk

Buck

After reading about swallowing $10,000 whole, driving from Florida to Wyoming for a lie & eating an out of state license, I feel pretty good about my $1,000 elk hunt! Guess it's all part of it. The memories and stories to tell outweigh the money any day.

Yeah congrats i would kill to go west and kill a bull like that. Especially for $1k. I could definitely swing that. I know a guy who goes to colorado he said he spends 2x-3x that and hes never killed one. Id love to go in the next few years. Maybe get my feet wet with a mule deer hunt

Congrats! Getting your first bull is like winning the lotto. It seems to get easier for most people after the first one. Good job and keep going for it a big one will get in your scope one of these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.