My First Custom build is done...almost!!

pburton

I have been a member here for several years. In that time I have had a few semi-custom rifles built. I did this because I thought that I did not have the finances for a full custom, but by the time each of these semi-customs were done, I could have gone the custom route for the same money. So this year I made it my goal to have a full custom rifle built, and it is done!! Well almost done. I still have not bought the optics that I want to run.

Here is the build:
Stiller Predator Action
Bartlein #3 contour, 9 twist, fluted, finished @ 26", MCR 3 port muzzle brake
Wyatt's extended box mag
PTG BDL bottom metal
Timney Elite trigger
McMillan Hunter stock with edge fill
Murphy Titanium rail
TPS rings
Match chamber in 300 win mag and throated for 210gr VLD
Rifle weighs 9lbs even with the current optics and bipod in place.

Work done by Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles!

Going out tomorrow for it first trip to the range. I can't wait!

Attachments

• 300 win mag1.jpg
    300 win mag1.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 300 win mag 2.jpg
    300 win mag 2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 191
Very nice. And in my favorite caliber. Great choices all the way around. Let us know what kind of optics you decide on and how it shoots. Congrats

Very nice. And in my favorite caliber. Great choices all the way around. Let us know what kind of optics you decide on and how it shoots. Congrats

Thanks! It is my favorite round as well. I have shot a 300 win mag, of one form or another, for the last 20+ years. As far as optics go, I am not sure. The problem is that I built this rifle to be on the light side. So, I really do not want to go with a 2 pound scope. But then again, the lighter scopes don't have the options that I want. But, for now I am going to use the scope that I have to break in the barrel and start my load development. I keep everyone posted with the progress.

Here is an update on my rifle. I ended up going with a Leuplod VX6 in 3-18x50. With the TMOA reticle. So far I like it. I've had the rifle to the range twice now. First day was break-in and some load development. Today I finished off the load development and shots some groups. This is my best 200 yard group. I'm pretty happy with the rifle!!

Attachments

• IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
I almost missed recognizing that target!! LOL I have many groups on that very same one! Soon I'll have my new Pac-Nor built rifle at the same place punching holes in those same targets.
Congrats on a nice rifle that looks to be shooting very well!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.