My first 1000 yard group

bstomper

It was a beautiful day so I went out with my 6.5 creedmoor to try some long distance shooting. It is real tough to find a place around here in the summer to shoot over 535 yards, and the only place to do that is a sand pit. But now that the lakes are frozen, the possibilities are endless. The picture is of a 4 shot group at 1000 yards. I hit the first and second shot. Missed the third and hit the fourth. I was shooting a cheap cabelas savage model 12 FV in 6.5 creedmoor with a MDT chassis. 147 eld match, hornady brass, fed 210 match primers and h4350. I was pretty happy with the results on a 16" gong target.
1607464276613.jpeg

Good shootin... I have the same junky Savage. We bought 3 at the same time and all have turned out to be great shooters (all 3 for a total under $700 bucks) Lol.😂. I shoot it more than any of my higher end rifles...

Good shootin... I have the same junky Savage. We bought 3 at the same time and all have turned out to be great shooters (all 3 for a total under $700 bucks) Lol.😂. I shoot it more than any of my higher end rifles...
Id like to buy another one for a long range hunting rig if they came in a bigger caliber. All we can get here in Canada is 6.5 creedmoor and 308.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.