My experience with the Hornady 147 ELD-M on game. *A Lot of Shot Videos and photos*

First blood from my new build this morning. Running coyote at 50 yards. Pencil entrance behind front shoulder 6-8 inch diameter hole out the other side. Carnage.

First game taken with 140 ELD-M in 6.5 CM at 150 yds......250+ lb hog.....no exit, never took a step, insides were total mush!

53F24A99-1935-4B12-88B9-2B1D22934CCE.jpeg

Here are the rest of the photos from this year's hunts so far.View attachment 107993 View attachment 107994 View attachment 107995 View attachment 107996This last photo has my niece in it, with a photo of my best friend. He is currently deployed in Kuwait, and having a hard time missing season this year. So, I keep his photo in my stock pack of my rifle, so he can be along for the hunts.
That is a lot of work you put in documenting. Great job and thanks! I guess if you are hunting with codyadams you better be on your "A"game because his documentation of the hunt is thorough and objective ;).

I get a little tired of people blaming bullets for poor shots.
Amen! I have seen every bullet from Barnes to Swift trashed on shooting sites. All it takes is "my bullet didn't expand, did not exit, or there was no blood trail". Or one of my favorites "my friends cousin shot a deer and it didn't die." Then it becomes a "terrible bullet" free for all where the only thing that is free is ignorance. End of Rant.

I once shot a whitetail with a .375 H&H (regular rifle in the shop) with a 300gr Nosler Partition at 200 yards. Double lung shot, tennis ball exit hole, lungs turned to mush yet it ran about 50 yards, far further than any deer our family has shot. Lungs were completely mush. Some animals just don't want to die.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.