My Equipment Goals for 2022!

Mmartinez

Dear Long-Range Forum, Happy New Year, wishing the best for you all.

If I may say this, one of my new year resolutions is to become a better 1000-yard shooter, so hitting a 12" target 80% of the time will be a success story for 2022. I believe consistency and discipline will be the two key components to achieve my goal. Therefore, here's my plan: 1) I will sell all my current Rifles, 2) Upgrade to a 6.5 PRC Elevation MTR and 3) I will follow you guys' advice for the appropriate ammo, reload if needed, and read/practice all your shared shooting techniques. I think I will have fun, gain knowledge, and hopefully make some friends in the process.

LR Forum, thanks for reading, I will be sharing my progress with you all, and drooping a question here and there. Happy New 2022.

Best of luck to you Mel! For me the toughest part of what you want to do is being able to read the wind over those 1000 yards and making a correction to overcome the wind
Thank you, I get what you are saying. I can only think of buying a 3ft x 1 feet target and start learning to read the wind with foliage moving. I guess that can be a start. But you are 100pct right, that will be my toughest challenge. I will keep you posted. Thanks sharing that.

Great to hear and you will succeed. I'm still stuttering to myself on selling all your rifles. You know you and I support your choices. Stay involved and let us enjoy the ride with you.

I guess I`m a rifle horder 😂 When I read your post I was like...... What????? Then everything kinda went fuzzy after "sell my current rifles" Your going to both love, and hate the journey. There were days when I first started down this rabbit hole called LR, that something like a bad wind call, or entering bad data in my Bal Calc would make me just want to throw S#@%! I will also tell you, the first time you bang the 1k gong your gonna want to hug yourself!😂🤣😂 So buckle up!

I guess I`m a rifle horder 😂 When I read your post I was like...... What????? Then everything kinda went fuzzy after "sell my current rifles" Your going to both love, and hate the journey. There were days when I first started down this rabbit hole called LR, that something like a bad wind call, or entering bad data in my Bal Calc would make me just want to throw S#@%! I will also tell you, the first time you bang the 1k gong your gonna want to hug yourself!😂🤣😂 So buckle up!
I'm sure it will be pleasant, thank you for your comments.

Trying to be minimalistic, the plan is to get the 6.5 PRC to target and hunt, I kind of want to hunt with the same rifle I practice. . If and when everything goes right, I will get a 300 PRC to shoot the ELR distances.

Great to hear and you will succeed. I'm still stuttering to myself on selling all your rifles. You know you and I support your choices. Stay involved and let us enjoy the ride with you.
Trying to be minimalistic, the plan is to get the 6.5 PRC to target and hunt, I kind of want to hunt with the same rifle I practice. . If and when everything goes right, I will get a 300 PRC to shoot the ELR distances.