My Elk Taco's

PowellSixO

Turn the oven on to broil. Cook your elk strips, or ground elk in a skillet with your choice of taco or fajita seasoning. Grate some of your favorite cheese. Chop lettuce. Chop tomatoes. Get your favorite salsa. Gather any other ingredients you like on your tacos. If you like sour cream that's fine too, just don't tell me about it. Place a torttila on a pizza pan. Put your cooked meat in the middle of the torttila leaving about 1-2" around the edge of the tortila. Sprinkle cheese heavily around the edge of the tortila. Place another torttila on top of everything. Place it in the oven and watch it until the torttila begins to brown. Remove from the oven and cut it in half. Press down on the edges of the torttila to ensure the cheese melts the two torttilas together. Open each half and enter your other ingredients. Enjoy. Obviously this can be done with most wild game meats, but elk is one of my favorites! Oh and don't forget your favorite summer time cold beverage. Modelo is one of my favorites with elk tacos!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.