My Daugter's homework sent back, contained "WEAPONS"

So the children can't put up pictures of guns, but the teachers in California can take 1st graders to same sex weddings?

I guess its only a matter of time before that idiacy hits my daughter's school, but with any luck, she'll be out of it by then.

It just keeps getting more stupid by the minute.

sigh

Now that most have vented maybe we need to do something to correct this? Possibly if several of us wrote, emailed, contacted the NRA to see if there is some course of action against this censorship?

Well Samantha came home from school and I could not wait to see what Mrs. Hienzen left in her folder for me today!!

NOTHING.

Well I usually go to school on Friday, and eat lunch with my daughter and her friends, and then go out on the play ground with them. I will see Mrs. Hienzen when they all line up for class. I dought she will give me the time of day, but I guess we will see.

I just need to remember no guns in the vehicle when at school, which is kinda easy to forget sometimes. My shop is about 4 blocks away and I'm usually transporting customers guns for testing or sight-ins.

I remember bringing my bow to school for speach class and actually shooting it for a demonstration speach, my buddy cleaned a shot gun for a demo speach. I also skinned a 2 day old muskrat for a demo speach, but thats another story. Yep about 22 years ago.

i had the same problem. I was going to give a speech on how to clean a shotgun as a demonstration.. no go. nor can i bring in the receiver to my 10/22 with out a barrel stock or mags and show how to mount a scope. im not even allowed to read the posts on this site during my lunch period, and some teachers wont even let me read online articles on field and stream or outdoor life. but i can go check it out in the library! i dont get it.

I am lucky so far that the principal at my kid's school is actually a deer hunter. In fact, he is going to Wyoming with me next year. Things are scary, though. I'm sure before they are out of school I will run into such problems.

I remember about 25 years ago riding a dirt bike to school with my .22 so I could check traps along the way. When I got to school I'd leave the rifle in the school office....the good old days. Our kids will never know such freedom.....sad.:(

I think you should insist that they go through every book in their library and paste a picture of a spoon over every gun picture. This includes encyclopedias and history books. And cut out every text mention of a gun or other weapon.

After all, they have a "no weapons" policy.

Bruce

its not just the USA this happening in i have had the same problem in Scotland
my daughter wrote a story about what she did at the weekend
she decided to write about going deer stalking with me and the following day i receive a letter from her school asking if the story she had wrote was true!
i wrote a letter back telling the principal that YES it was true and totally legal and that my daughter has probably saw more wildlife in one day than most of the kids at her school have seen in a year. i wonder how many could tell you that they have saw a doe suckling her twin fawns or a fox hunting for rabbits
most of them are too busy playing computer games

rb

I have my son enrolled in a small private school. His graduating class will have 6 kids in it this year.
For the past three years his science fair project has envolved the evolution of the centerfire rifle.
1st year was on deer hunting and the ballistics of his 308 rifle.
2nd year was on the '03-A3 battle rifle that my grandfather gave him, with complete history of it's origin and date of manufacture and other versions of the 03-A3.
3rd year was long range ballistics and 1000 yard shooting.
I am not sure what he is going to do his science fair paper on this year.
The principle of his school invited us to go shootng with him sometime. Travis had him come to hunting camp with us this year.
I spend $400/mo to have him in this school and it is worth every cent of it. I do not regret not being able to buy toys, for the investment in my son is paying off in spades.
No regrets here for turning my back on the public school system.

WE are a dying breed and after to night. we got a nail drove in with a big *** hammer. you better get what guns you want right away. i will be out after a ar15 in the morning and may be a 50bmg. you'll know there on there way out for good this time. I'M SICK AT HOW DUMB THE US PEOPLE HAVE BECOME. we're in trouble for sure with this a$$hole in the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.