My Dad's 30/375 S.I. by Straight Shot Gunsmithing

Worthwhile is a funny thing. Maybe a group effort of the curious to spread the load around at some point. If you get that curious let me know.

I think you are not the only one who would pitch in from what I've heard in the past. It is a little iffy whether or not the jacket would hold up, but if I had the right one, it might. I could also use the double up jacket trick which would work for sure. It would lower b.c. slightly, and COULD decrease accuracy? It would still expand at long range, and would hold up better at velocity.....Rich

Might have to convince Rhian to put a 1:9" twist on his 30/338 lapua so he can shoot those 270s. Man, that would have ridiculous ballistics.

My 30-338 Lapua got put on maternity leave till I pay of the new baby we'll have this early fall, still a good trade :D

I do have in my possession a box of 240gr Matrix ULD's with a hard and pointed lead tip that I think would DESTROY and elk at stupid ranges. I am debating on the twist rate, my elevation lets me get away with a lot as far as twist rate and that chambering could be brutal on jackets so I go back and forth!

My 30-338 Lapua got put on maternity leave till I pay of the new baby we'll have this early fall, still a good trade :D

I do have in my possession a box of 240gr Matrix ULD's with a hard and pointed lead tip that I think would DESTROY and elk at stupid ranges. I am debating on the twist rate, my elevation lets me get away with a lot as far as twist rate and that chambering could be brutal on jackets so I go back and forth!

Congrats Rhian! :)

I guess we can wait for your 30/338 data.

Decisions decisions....

Ya, that's about the only thing I can think of that trumps a new rifle. That could be babies first gift though:D It is a boy, right!........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.