My budget .264 WM ...

FEENIX

Savage 111F LA with factory trigger adjusted down to 2.5 LBS, pre-fit 26" SS X-caliber 5R, 1:7", Choate sniper rifle stock, 4-port beast brake, Burris XTR sig rings, 20 MOA Weaver rail, and topped with Leupold LRP 6.5-20x50 FFP.

Went through a couple of boxes of factory 140 ammo PRVI PARTIZAN AMMO 264 WINCHESTER MAG 140gr
for barrel break-in.

Step 1. Scrubbed with nylon brush, cotton wipe + Boreshine using jag until clean.
Step 2. Fired 4 shots, repeat step 2.
Step 3. Repeat step 2 nine times.

.264 WM barrel break-in 1 of 3.jpg
.264 WM barrel break-in 2 of 3.jpg

Step 4. Fired last 4 rounds out of the batch at 200 yards. I was not looking for any accuracy out of the factory ammo but I think it has potential. I will be loading primarily the 156 Berger (140 Berger as secondary) using PRVI Partizan brass, CCI250, not sure on powder yet but I have a few to try.

.264 WM barrel break-in 3 of 3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking rig Feenix! And some nice shooting! Factory ammo @ 200 yds. ALOT of people would be envious! Even me (a little)😉 Congrats on a fine looking and shooting rifle. Enjoy it

Nice looking rig Feenix! And some nice shooting! Factory ammo @ 200 yds. ALOT of people would be envious! Even me (a little)😉 Congrats on a fine looking and shooting rifle. Enjoy it

Aye Sir, I agree it is a very good group esp. for factory ammo. My goal is to obtain as tight of a group as possible. Thanks.

If you can find any give Retumbo a try and might want to go with CCI 250 mag primers. Also if you have some or can get them free from range pick up etc. 7mm Rem. Mag cases make good 264 Win mag cases. Just run them through the FL sizer and POOF you have 264 Win. mag. I weight shorted some once fired Winchester 7 mag a non hand loader gave me and came up with 50 good cases after I match prepped them.

Factory PP loads grouping like that at 200 yards, great. When you get a load perfected for your rifle it will be a shooter. Nice......

If you can find any give Retumbo a try and might want to go with CCI 250 mag primers. Also if you have some or can get them free from range pick up etc. 7mm Rem. Mag cases make good 264 Win mag cases. Just run them through the FL sizer and POOF you have 264 Win. mag. I weight shorted some once fired Winchester 7 mag a non hand loader gave me and came up with 50 good cases after I match prepped them.

Don't know why I put CCI BR2 (that is for my .30 GIBBS) but I meant to put CCI 250. Yes, I have Retumbo powder to try. Thanks.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.