my buck got jacked

So what happens when you find the guy, fight the guy and he pulls a gun and kills you? How will your son do WITHOUT his father?

Generally all you have to do is make it known that these local jerks are deer thieves and the community and co workers take care of the rest, lest that's how it works here, no one would give them any quarter and they would not be tolerated in your hunting area!

So what happens when you find the guy, fight the guy and he pulls a gun and kills you? How will your son do WITHOUT his father?

I guess I will quit my job because I might get hit by drunk driver on way to work
I guess I will quit eating because I might choke
I guess I will quit taking a shower because I might fall and drown
I guess I wont go outside anymore because I might get struck by lightning

The guy is stealing deer not killing people, my guess is he cant shoot or dont have a gun or he would shoot his own deer. What would this world be like if everybody said ok he screwed me but i am not going to do anything about it because "what if" might happen

If he does have a gun he better be good with it because I do have a ccl and carry a m&p 40c that I practice with more than I shoot my rifles. I seriously doubt it would come to a fight but if it does im willing and able.

I really dont like violence, but if you must, win

Just use caution when approaching these guys, remember, they know they have done something bad, and in some instances, will let nothing stand between them and freedom. Sounds like you're prepared, but I would not have my kid with me if you're seeking these guys. If something starts, these types of things can go real bad very quickly. Above all, you never know who or what you're dealing with or what they have done or are running from. I've seen some great guys lost because of this.

I can feel your pain. The same thing happened to me about ten years ago. And no, turning them into the game warden wasn't the first thought through my mind either. The bad thing was the guys had kids with them.

Just a word of caution. Here in PA in the last month a Game Warden was shot and killed when trying to make an arrest on a poacher. Turned out the guy was a felon on the run looking for meat. Approach with caution.

I'll share this wisdom with everybody else, "If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger"

Tank

I'll share this wisdom with everybody else, "If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger"

Tank[/QUOTE]

I like that

Had this happen to me few years back, and the bad part is that my best friend helped the guys load it in their truck! LOL. He didn't know it was my buck. The good part was when he said, " That thing was a monster, must have been a 170 inch 10point!". What are friends for?

On another note, some of the responses are typical for people's line of thinking now-a-days. If somebody does anything to you, you really can't do much about it because then you look like the bad guy. I think sometimes an "*** whooping" is what's needed. The problem is that you would probably get in more trouble then that jerk anyways...and he might be the bigger man that day! It's sad in todays society that a person can even defend themselves. My son was suspended from school for pushing a kid away from him after the kid punched him in the face!

You should of taken a second shot to finish that deer off and missed.
That white truck would of been easier to find with a bullet hole in it and the body shop bill would of make it an expensve deer, and at 880 yardsgun) he would not of had any idea where it came from .

Well game ranger called last night he got caught trying to get another one. He tried to take some guys deer who was bow hunting. I guess guy was sitting in his tree stand waiting his 30 minutes just watching the deer lay there and the guy walked up and started dragging deer off. He described pickup to me it was the same one whit custom paint job with black z runners down the side. I was thinking myself pretty stupid taking one from bow hunter because you know their not very far away. He called ranger from stand then went to confront guy about his deer, the guy did try to run just apologized and jumped in truck got about mile down road before ranger got him. Hope they take that pickup as well.

That's great news! If I were you, I would really push the issue with the game warden to make sure they slam this guy hard!!!!!! Make as much noise as you can, get involved with the judicial process and demand justice from them. I hope your state makes an example of him!

Keep us posted.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.