My boy wins his first LR shooting match!!!

Wildrose,
You could always get a little protege from a friend or if you know any youngsters around your area that could use some guidence or mentoring. Then you could still pass on and teach the shooting skills that you have aquired over the years, trust me they will appreciate it. That is kind of how I got involved in the outdoors and now I love to do anything outdoor related shoot, hunt, fish, hike, camp, whatever there is. I don't have kids of my own either, but at this last shoot I got to enjoy seeing a few kids really have a good time shooting with their dad or grandfather or even mom and see how they reacted to competing.

Caleb
I have and do. One of them is also a member here though he rarely posts.

We recently had some long discussions about my will and how I would like things handled. I have two other very close friends who will each get to pick one of my guns, but Jim will take everything else along with 20 plus years (so far) of the experiences we've shared and I had the honor of outfitting his young son for his first deer kill last season.

It's not quite the same as having your own kids though I'm sure.

I have three boys and all of them love to watch dad shoot. I cant wait to get them started. I just with I was a gun smith to have all the cool toys.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.