My boy (8) shot his first

Eglock86

It was a good morning, iv let this deer walk several times this and last season but thought it was a good first deer for my boy. Held steady put it right in the boiler room
Im a very proud dad today
20181103_100039.jpg

8 years old and dropping the big bucks. You know when your that age your more proud of what you got then how you got it. You don't usually get to pick the deer but the shot is on you. Congrats to him for making the shot count.

We know that he held it together for the shot how did you do? I took a young fellow deer hunting once, don't remember getting buck fever any worse. He did fine I thought I was going to have a melt down.:)

Last edited:
I was pretty calm, i was just praying hard and puckerd up, hoping he would hit the deer. Im proud of him....i put alot of work into putting him on a buck close enough for him to take, all boys dream about killing a buck for there first deer. im glad we did it.
8 years old and dropping the big bucks. You know when your that age your more proud of what you got then how you got it. You don't usually get to pick the deer but the shot is on you. Congrats to him for making the shot count.

We know that he held it together for the shot how did you do? I took a young fellow deer hunting once, don't remember getting buck fever any worse. He did fine I thought I was going to have a melt down.:)

Congratulations to your son on a fine deer nothing better than being with him on his first deer

You should be proud as hell. Give him a pat on the back for all of us.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.