My Biggest Buck to date!

Bigeclipse

This buck came my from hunting trip in Wisconsin. We hunted hard for 4 days. I was set up on a ridge(where shots would be at MAX 450 yards) for 2 of the days and only saw lots of does and a few smaller bucks. The weather was just too warm and the deer were not moving. By the last day, I was starting to get discouraged but hunting is hunting and I was still having a blast. Well, the last afternoon started coming to a close and we had quite the ways to hike back out. We packed up and started our trek back to camp. On our way out, I saw this buck looking straight at us (he was only 90-100 yards away up in the woods. Fortunately I was walking with rifle in hand. Swung my rifle up and the rest is history. He was quarting hard towards me (almost straight on), so the shot went through is left shoulder and exited out near his right hind quarter ( I was shooting a 3006). I would have waited for a broadside shot but like I said, he had spotted us and it was only a second before I knew he would probably high tail it out of there. When we finally got the deer back to camp, one of our friends who was able to scout the area before we came up said "Hey...I know that deer, I got a picture of him with my cell phone 3 weeks ago.) So that is how I was able to get a picture of the deer alive (sorry for the poor quality). It is very hard to tell from these pics but the main beams stay thick all the way to the tips, kind of "bladed"...not sure what to call it, so I bet he will get a decent mass score. The tips arent really poinds but almost like a "spoon" I guess haha. By the way these Wisconsin deer are HUGE, not sure how much he weighed but I couldnt drag him alone, you can see the size of his head compared to mine in the pic haha. His stomach looks flatted and small in the pic with me, but of course he was gutted out at that point. Anyways, just thought id share my Wisconsin hunting trip story. Not too thrilling...definitely not a long range shot haha, but ill never forget it. Anyways, good luck to the rest of you in your hunting seasons.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3320.jpg
    IMG_3320.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 121
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.