My Arizona Desert Ram

When I first drew this tag with 20 points ( the random), I was in disbelief... And that hasn't really changed. I'm still there...

A little back story first... I hunted the OTC archery mule deer 2x in Arizona (2002-2003 I think) and met some great guys while I was out there. All they talked about around camp was sheep. The rest is history. My first calls were to the Arizona guys I'd hunted with all those years ago. They were still at it, but busy with life and work so they turned me onto some of their friends that are sheep studs.

We looked over dozens of rams over 5 days and finally found "the one". I can't thank these guys enough. They were incredible. There was no ground shrinkage here... Eric, Brooks, Everett, Jon, and Will are dedicated hunters. There is no way I could have put this hunt together from NC without their help.
I'm forever grateful for their help.

hk1fyAS.jpg

VU1AVhG.jpg

BPWHzMB.jpg

KZz1vpn.jpg
Dude...biggest GRIN in a "grip and grin" I've ever seen. Congrats on a beautiful trophy!

When I first drew this tag with 20 points ( the random), I was in disbelief... And that hasn't really changed. I'm still there...

A little back story first... I hunted the OTC archery mule deer 2x in Arizona (2002-2003 I think) and met some great guys while I was out there. All they talked about around camp was sheep. The rest is history. My first calls were to the Arizona guys I'd hunted with all those years ago. They were still at it, but busy with life and work so they turned me onto some of their friends that are sheep studs.

We looked over dozens of rams over 5 days and finally found "the one". I can't thank these guys enough. They were incredible. There was no ground shrinkage here... Eric, Brooks, Everett, Jon, and Will are dedicated hunters. There is no way I could have put this hunt together from NC without their help.

hk1fyAS.jpg

VU1AVhG.jpg

BPWHzMB.jpg

KZz1vpn.jpg
Can you tell me more about your rifle? And congrats!

Magnificent ram! I just got back from helping on an AZ sheep hunt in unit 40B. Our AZ resident hunter drew his tag with 3 (THREE!) bonus points. It happens. And he got a fine ram. I have 25 points and I'm 61 years old. Odds of me drawing while I'm still capable of making the hunt are pretty slim. I'm glad AZ has a system where it is at least possible for young folks without so many points to draw. It's good that it can happen to anybody and I'm glad it happened to you. You and your friends did great! One thing is for sure - there is NO PROBLEM getting helpers when you draw for desert sheep in AZ!

Congrats agains,
Rex

Can you tell me more about your rifle? And congrats!
Defiance Deviant Hunter, Wyatt's Box, custom throat for Berger 215, chamber and threading by Dans Custom Gun Service. Trigger Tech Special, Bartlein 3B 26", Manners EH 1A Carbon lite fill, NF C555, NF Rings, flatline ops level, marine tex pillar bedding and load development by me. It's about 11 lbs empty. Kinda heavy for a sheep rifle, but perfect for the big ag fields where I'm from.

hk1fyAS.jpg

VU1AVhG.jpg

BPWHzMB.jpg

KZz1vpn.jpg
How great that hunters still come together to help another reach his dream. Eric, Brooks, Everett, Jon, and Will I appreciate what you guys did for this gentleman.

Last edited: