My Arizona Desert Ram

When I first drew this tag with 20 points ( the random), I was in disbelief... And that hasn't really changed. I'm still there...

A little back story first... I hunted the OTC archery mule deer 2x in Arizona (2002-2003 I think) and met some great guys while I was out there. All they talked about around camp was sheep. The rest is history. My first calls were to the Arizona guys I'd hunted with all those years ago. They were still at it, but busy with life and work so they turned me onto some of their friends that are sheep studs.

We looked over dozens of rams over 5 days and finally found "the one". I can't thank these guys enough. They were incredible. There was no ground shrinkage here... Eric, Brooks, Everett, Jon, and Will are dedicated hunters. There is no way I could have put this hunt together from NC without their help.
I'm forever grateful for their help.

hk1fyAS.jpg

VU1AVhG.jpg

BPWHzMB.jpg

KZz1vpn.jpg
I'd grin like that also if I had killed him. Wow, nice job.

If it were me it would be full body mount with a rabbits foot around its neck and a Leprechaun on its back and a horseshoe on the wall beside it
That is pretty much how I feel about it. I intentionally left the score of this ram out. Even though the number is pretty gaudy, it's not what this hunt was about to me.

I like your style, but I hope you post it here at some point in the future

Last edited: