My Arizona Desert Ram

Very nice ram! You were very lucky to draw with only 20 points, most draw at 30+. I've helped on three Desert Bighorn hunts and can't get enough. Last two were 171 B&C three weeks apart and different Units. What Unit was your hunt?
Indeed I was very lucky. Lucky in every aspect, especially to find a ram like this one. Unit was 44BN.

Last edited:
When I first drew this tag with 20 points ( the random), I was in disbelief... And that hasn't really changed. I'm still there...

A little back story first... I hunted the OTC archery mule deer 2x in Arizona (2002-2003 I think) and met some great guys while I was out there. All they talked about around camp was sheep. The rest is history. My first calls were to the Arizona guys I'd hunted with all those years ago. They were still at it, but busy with life and work so they turned me onto some of their friends that are sheep studs.

We looked over dozens of rams over 5 days and finally found "the one". I can't thank these guys enough. They were incredible. There was no ground shrinkage here... Eric, Brooks, Everett, Jon, and Will are dedicated hunters. There is no way I could have put this hunt together from NC without their help.
I'm forever grateful for their help.

hk1fyAS.jpg

VU1AVhG.jpg

BPWHzMB.jpg

KZz1vpn.jpg
Awesomesauce right here. Congrats on a great ram and story. Thanks for sharing it with this AZ resident. If you ever have the desire to chase to Grey Ghost here in AZ drop me PM and I can assist.

10% of tags are reserved for out of state residents and with you having 20 bonus points for Sheep you probably were around top. As they say "luck of the draw". It takes some serious commitment by you to have to buy a OOS license every year just to apply. You've probably spent over $10k in licensing and application fees over the 18 years of applying, thanks for supporting our G&F team and the state wildlife conservation efforts. What unit did you take him in? Again, congratulations! Joe

Last edited:
When I first drew this tag with 20 points ( the random), I was in disbelief... And that hasn't really changed. I'm still there...

A little back story first... I hunted the OTC archery mule deer 2x in Arizona (2002-2003 I think) and met some great guys while I was out there. All they talked about around camp was sheep. The rest is history. My first calls were to the Arizona guys I'd hunted with all those years ago. They were still at it, but busy with life and work so they turned me onto some of their friends that are sheep studs.

We looked over dozens of rams over 5 days and finally found "the one". I can't thank these guys enough. They were incredible. There was no ground shrinkage here... Eric, Brooks, Everett, Jon, and Will are dedicated hunters. There is no way I could have put this hunt together from NC without their help.
I'm forever grateful for their help.

hk1fyAS.jpg

VU1AVhG.jpg

BPWHzMB.jpg

KZz1vpn.jpg
Amazing Ram. Great story. Congrats.