My Arizona Desert Ram

Buxndiverdux

When I first drew this tag with 20 points ( the random), I was in disbelief... And that hasn't really changed. I'm still there...

A little back story first... I hunted the OTC archery mule deer 2x in Arizona (2002-2003 I think) and met some great guys while I was out there. All they talked about around camp was sheep. The rest is history. My first calls were to the Arizona guys I'd hunted with all those years ago. They were still at it, but busy with life and work so they turned me onto some of their friends that are sheep studs.

We looked over dozens of rams over 5 days and finally found "the one". I can't thank these guys enough. They were incredible. There was no ground shrinkage here... Eric, Brooks, Everett, Jon, and Will are dedicated hunters. There is no way I could have put this hunt together from NC without their help.
I'm forever grateful for their help.

hk1fyAS.jpg

VU1AVhG.jpg

BPWHzMB.jpg

KZz1vpn.jpg

Congrats! How bout some details on the shot?
Kinda bland on that front. 134 yards, down hill. Atlas Bipod out front, lite fill rear bag. Tombstone still crosshairs. 215 Berger Hybrid Target planted behind the shoulder from my .300 Win Mag. He ran about 50 yards and piled up. He was bedded and then feeding on a palo verde just over a pass. We basically snuck up the back side of the pass and peeked over.

On a side note, I did pound a few rocks at 600 and 720 to confirm zero. When I initially shot my gun to check zero at 200 yards, I was 2" high. So I reset the turret and shot again. Coming from 37' above sea level to 1800-2000' did make a difference.