My Archery Mule Deer in New Mexico

Its a P&Y , mule deer which is great.Ive taken many Pope animals and a few with my bow that made Boone too.Id be very happy with that archery buck.We use to have more of those where I live,but wolf really hurt my area and with tough winters and other preditors like cats they dont bounce back.

Its a P&Y , mule deer which is great.Ive taken many Pope animals and a few with my bow that made Boone too.Id be very happy with that archery buck.We use to have more of those where I live,but wolf really hurt my area and with tough winters and other preditors like cats they dont bounce back.
You should have seen me trying to find 4 more inches to get to 170" hahah! I tried real hard but there were just no more inches to be had.

Last edited:
Why did you feel the need to toot your own horn? Just a congratulations would have sufficed.

I didnt,and also thought it was 165 for muley,but that might be awards book it seems and not AT.Great deer,and following have had many frontal shots on elk as anyone that bowhunts elk,very common.Couple friends had over ten each frontal.

Personally not a fan of frontal shots with a rifle and for darn sure not with a bow. Seen way too many wrecks with it especially archery. And especially at long range...

Recent Posts