My Alberta Bighorn

graylake

Well I thought I would put up the article that I wrote for our local SCI club newsletter. Since I was using this site for a wealth of information before my hunt. I thought it was only fair to share.

Here is a quick picture of my Ram.

Hunt Details:

Rifle was Remington 700 with a Ron Smith Barrel in 300 WSM loaded with 180 Barnes Triple Shocks
Huskemaw 5-20 scope
Leica Geovids 10x42
Swarovski 20-60x64 spotting scope
Eberlestock J-34 pack

Other details that I missed just ask.

Attachments

• sheep hunt 2012 007.jpg
    sheep hunt 2012 007.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Sheep Article.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 202
Thanks...

It is still a bit of a shock, and thats after 2 months.

With the way the weather went this year in the mountains I think I made the right decision.

The snow started to leave after my trip and it was easier to get around for about a week to 10 days. After that it started to snow and I believe that it snowed everyday for the next 2 weeks. Right up til the season closed on October 31st. For the last week it was just about impossible to get around. With snow getting up to 2' deep and that was down low not up on the mountain.

Glad I went when I did.

Your story is great! Awesome! Some pay with blisters buy you paid with patients. 17 years of waiting and not loosing hope. Thanks for sharing!

Congrats! Great story, awesome Ram!! I never thought much about hunting sheep
until I saw your ram, now I'm hooked. I want one........gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.