My 7saum by Hawk Hill Custom

Great build. Curious to know if you built your SAUM on a short or long action.......I assume a long action since you are shooting the bigger pills, but still curious. Thanks!

Great build. Curious to know if you built your SAUM on a short or long action.......I assume a long action since you are shooting the bigger pills, but still curious. Thanks!

Thank you and sorry, should have included that info at the beginning. You are correct, it is built on a long-action. By using a long-action, I am able to seat the bullets as far out as possible in order to create the most room for powder.

Also, one last question (because I am starting to gather parts to build a 6.5 SAUM), what SIZE/Caliber Magazine are you using? Did you have to get a special follower?

Also, one last question (because I am starting to gather parts to build a 6.5 SAUM), what SIZE/Caliber Magazine are you using? Did you have to get a special follower?

For a five round magazine, I use the AI 338Lapua mags and for a ten round magazine, I use the AI 300winmag magazines. Sometimes you need to open up the feed lips on the 300wm magazines a little but it's an easy modification. Both work flawlessly. No special follower required.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.