My 6,5 mm powerhouse, the 6,5 x 63 Messner Mag.

I couldn't find much on them. What case capacity do they have?

The rimmed version has appeal if there was a source for components.

Brass is made by Horneber in Germany, who is delivering on regular bases to the US, Graff & Sons etc. RCC (Texas) will surely be capable and willing of manufacturing them, also in small quantum. I had a conversation with the owner of the company couple of months ago, and he confirmed that it wouldn't be an issue. The 6,5 x 63 MM rimmed takes 84,5gr of water. You find the cartridge on QL though.

Last edited:
......The 6,5 x 63 MM rimmed takes 84,5gr of water. You find the cartridge on QL though....,,.

Thanks! The rimmed sounds like it would be perfect. For what I want.

I've been looking at "improving" 6.5x65R, basically a rimmed Sherman.

When we get a final bullet it could make a base to launch from.

To add to the thread, I've hunted with a 264 Win Mag since mid '70, loaded the 140 gr SPBT bullets with max load of 4831 out of a 26" barrel. I realize some of the larger cases will add more FPS, but my results have been always a consistent one-shot kill at any range. Thicket brush to the open range of West Texas, New Mexico and Wyoming, results have always been the same. I'm going to rebarrel my 264 soon, throat erosion has started causing trouble, so I will be looking at the new technologies of the of the different 6.5's today. Looking forward to having a bit of fun with this project.

Searched pretty sincerely, could neither find brass, ammo, or drawings for either version.

A couple of expired sales by collectors.

Searched pretty sincerely, could neither find brass, ammo, or drawings for either version.

A couple of expired sales by collectors.
Please go to CIP - data, and there you will find everything you need included drawings! Brass comes from Horneber / Germany. Tel Nr and other information is available on Horneber's nett site. Robertson Brass in Texas will also produce brass if requested.

Googled Horneber found some of their other stuff, at Graf's, and Huntingtons.

I didn't see it on Robertson's site, some other cool stuff though!

I'll try the others mentioned, Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.