Overkill338

Figured I'd start a post to keep track of things.

Remington 700 Long Range
EGW 20 MOA 1 piece Rail
Vortex Tactical Rings (6 screws)
Athlon Argos 8-34x56 MIL
Muzzle brake from Ebay (if I'm not happy he offered my money back)
13.1 lbs as it sits

20201130_132752_copy_1395x623.jpg

Bullets to try
220 ELD-X
225 ELD-M
180 AB
200 AB

I'm looking forward to getting started.

Last edited:
Figured I'd start a post to keep track of things.

Remington 700 Long Range
EGW 20 MOA 1 piece Rail
Vortex Tactical Rings (6 screws)
Athlon Argos 8-34x56 MIL
Muzzle brake from Ebay (if I'm not happy he offered my money back)

View attachment 229037

Bullets to try
220 ELD-X
225 ELD-M
180 AB
200 AB

I'm looking forward to getting started.

I have a similar gun in Win Mag.

I have some load data if you want. Text me and I'll let you know.

I hope to push it around 2800. That should extend barrel life too. I know 3000 is possible, but at what cost?
Well you'll easily reach that goal. I'm doing 2760 with no pressure issues in my win mag.

I certainly understand not needing to pass the redline, but with all the respect in the world, i
Must question your goal as in why get a rum to shoot like a win mag? Talking about cost, that seems like an even bigger waste of money than reducing case life with warm loads.

to each his own, but i hope you "step on the gas" a little harder than that :)

Well you'll easily reach that goal. I'm doing 2760 with no pressure issues in my win mag.

I certainly understand not needing to pass the redline, but with all the respect in the world, i
Must question your goal as in why get a rum to shoot like a win mag? Talking about cost, that seems like an even bigger waste of money than reducing case life with warm loads.

to each his own, but i hope you "step on the gas" a little harder than that :)
The rifle was a trade for a pistol I didn't use. I would have liked it better if it had been a win mag, because I already have one of those. But if you're that close to 2800, maybe I should try for more. Really depends on the accuracy nodes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts