my 2009 utah bull

sorry for the late reply guys. ive been on a deer hunt here in wyoming. on the hunt. like i said before i was using a 264 win mag with the 140 berger VLD. load is 69gr retumbo cci250 primer win brass at 3.45" COAL. i left the gun shop thursday morning and got to utah around 5:30 that afternoon. we decide to go have a look to see what was out and about. we rode the wheelers to a vantage point and got set up with the optics. i went back to the wheeler to get something and looked over the other side of the point we were on and saw 2 330 class bulls 40 yards down the hill so i went back the the others to tell them about the bulls and they pointed to a group of 6 bulls ranging from 350 to the 400" bull i shot that had just walked out from a group of trees across the draw. i got set up for the shot ranged the bull dialed the knob on the huskama scope checked the wind and squezed the trigger. my spotter said i hit to high and to shoot again but by the time i had another shell in the gun and was back on the bull he was down for the count. so we all got excited and were yelling and jumping around about the bull we just shot. after we got clamed back down we drove the wheelers to him took pics and loaded him up and went back to camp for a total of a 2 hour hunt. the best and shortest hunt of my life.

I might be blind, but did you say what part of Utah you got him?

That is one heckuva bull! Congrats to you. Tell us about the rifle. It looks like a Christensen in the picture. Do you have any more pics of the bull? Any chance you can PM me the cost of the tag? I'm sure I'll draw a great tag so I'm looking into other options. Thanks

Hey Fool!:D

Very Very nice bull. Now, give us the "nitty gritty" on the just where the bull was hit.

Did the bullet exit; where?

Did you find the bullet?

What did the autopsy tell?

What was the muzzle vel?

What is the predicted terminal vel?

How long, in seconds, was the bull still on his feet?

Details Fool, details!

Alan

It sure would be nice if the author of this post would come back every now and then to answer questions. Its not like his post ist 10 pages back.....heck the post is still near the top of the page! RG

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.