my 12 year old son first deer

Wlhofer

My son took a online 8 hour hunter safety course then to a instructor for a hour course .passed .then here in Manitoba you can buy a $10 youth deer tag good for any season any deer but you have to be 12-17 years old
But First i had him practicing hitting clay pigeons at 300 yards with TC 243 95 gr Bergers he was hitting them one after another (making daddy proud ) he couldn't wait for gun season on the 3rd outing sitting on a tree line 10 minutes to closing time he spotted a deer over 300 yards out we put a stock on her up to 100 yards and she saw us and came a bit closer ,told him put it on the white patch center mass (she was facing us) don't shoot unless your real sure ,she ran 200 yards dropped, hit her just under the heart .A day i will remember forever.
now i have 5 more boys to Go .yip 6 boys 1 Girl (she'll hunt too)and get the biggest one of course

Attachments

• photo(25).jpg
    photo(25).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 147
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 132
NICE DEER!!!!!!!!!! Its always nice to see the younger generation do well.
Sounds like you have a lot of good hunting yet to come.

He's that oldest all the rest are under 12 guess about one more hunter per year
There standing at my gun safe looking in and saying
"Dad when you dead can I have that one " KIDS !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.