Muzzleloader

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all.with muzzleloader season just around the corner here in nc I was wondering who all on here hunts long range with muzzleloader and wonder what gear does every one use.ive notice that alot of company now offer long range muzzleloaders. I have a a tradition pursuit that I use that my grandpa gave me its nothing fancy but I've killed couple deer with it but want to buy a more suitable long range muzzleloader so that's on my list with few rifles as well

Most truly 'Long Range Muzzleloaders' that can shoot consistently at 500 yards are custom built and shoot swaged projectiles. I would not trust any factory guns to be consistent enough to shoot extended distances.
That's kinda what I was thanking farthest I've shot a deer with one was 200 yards in sc on power lines

That's kinda what I was thanking farthest I've shot a deer with one was 200 yards in sc on power lines
The only way I would own one is if it were where I drew a highly coveted elk tag in an area where it was muzzleloader only. The price of an honest to goodness custom muzzleloader is right there with a custom rifle.

The only way I would own one is if it were where I drew a highly coveted elk tag in an area where it was muzzleloader only. The price of an honest to goodness custom muzzleloader is right there with a custom rifle.
Okay I know theres a cow only elk tag muzzleloader only in NM that I wanted to apply for but would like a better muzzleloader if I got a tag.i was looking at the cva paramount in 45 cal

My opinion. 45 caliber if it is swaged and shooting high velocity, otherwise 50 caliber.
That's what I was thanking.i have a 50 cal as of right now but cant load more than 100 grains in it and good muzzleloader bullets tend to run in real heavy grain weight from what I've seen but I may be missing some.

My paramount is very accurate and the powerbelt elr bullets drop deer on the spot. This doe at 207 drt
0B976EE9-3451-4E18-8230-9465949BE15A.jpeg

i have a hankin 45 cal smokeless shoot 250gr bullets swaged to barrel wool wad (imr 4198) 70 gr powder shoving them at 2850fps no problem hitting clay pigeons at 500 meters at local range !! dumps deer DRT!! make sure you know what states laws are as some require black powder only and others state 50 or larger cal here in pa it has to be 45 cal or larger

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.