muzzlebrake!

I have one of Jim's 3 port muscle brakes on my edge. It kicks about like a 270 win, but one thing is with this brake is its not really much louder with the brake then without. Others I have been around, I have to plug my ears with my fingers even though I have plugs in. Really don't think I could fire more then 3 without it, fired 20 today.

Let's not get carried away. All brakes are loud. How loud you percieve it to be may be a function of where you are standing when the rifle goes off relative to the direction of the blast from that particular design and setup.

If you want a quiet brake, you need to look at supressors. They are way cool and the right setup is both queit and effective at reducing recoil.

There was a recent thread about suppressors in the LRH forums.

-- richard

I have Gentry's Quiet Brakes on most of my rifles(all 3/4") you can also get them larger for more recoil reduction. They are awesome brakes, the holes are at eleven degrees forward which greatly reduces noise and sends gases foreward instead of toward the shooter.

I am looking for brake to my 30-378. JP´s-tank brake is first in my mind:
1418.jpg

looks fine and it´s also effective, but is it suitable for 30-378 caliber?

-Atte-

I am looking for brake to my 30-378. JP´s-tank brake is first in my mind:
1418.jpg

looks fine and it´s also effective, but is it suitable for 30-378 caliber?

-Atte-

JP makes some great brakes. They are my choice, but I like the Tac Compensator series better. I dont feel I want that much going on on the end of my barel for many reasons.

Here is what I would use on a 30-378

JP Rifles

Jeff

This is EZ YES YES YES. i have them on 99% of my rifles. the only thing i don't have one on is a 223. But from my 243 on up has one. i like the fact that the muzzle jump is not as bad and i don't the crap beat out of me. I don't care about how load it is you should have ear plug in when shooting at the range any way and when out hunting i keep a pair tied to my cap so it really ez to put them in.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.