Muzzlebrake for Tikka

Dgd6mm

Wanting to help a friend that recently purchased a Tikka T3 lite in 7-08. The recoil is a little much for him. I was thinking of a Harrell's brake for it. What do you all think? I have one on my .300 RUM that does a good job, but it is a 700 BDL with a 26" barrel.

Wanting to help a friend that recently purchased a Tikka T3 lite in 7-08. The recoil is a little much for him. I was thinking of a Harrell's brake for it. What do you all think? I have one on my .300 RUM that does a good job, but it is a 700 BDL with a 26" barrel.

Plenty of excellent choices out there!

If you opt for Harrell's (http://harrellsprec.com/index.php/products/muzzle-brakes), I'd go with the 4 port tactical version (that should do it) over the radials. His price along with Ross Schuler's is hard to beat.

Good luck!

I have a holland quick discharge on my Tikka 7mag and it works great. Feels like Im shooting a 243 now.

IMG_1326_zpslhkz88mp.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.