Muzzle loader Coyote!

Apex Custom Rifles

Official LRH Sponsor
Went out muzzle loader hunting tonight for deer. Wondering why I wasn't seeing anything in this spot. About 45 minutes before sunset, saw this guy come out at about 200 yards. Waited for him to get closer, was at 125 and I was getting ready for a shot with my TC Omega 50 cal. He then darted into the woods. Another 10 mins he came out, across the field right in front of me. Trotting along at about 75 yards, gave a whistle, he stopped and pinned him.

My first muzzle loader coyote.

20221203_170956.jpg

20221203_171127.jpg

Looks like you stomped him pretty hard. Based on the amount of blood visible on the two right legs, I'm guessing that the bottom photo is the entrance..?
Yes, the entrance hole was actually pretty big. Exit hole was a nice 50 cal size hole.

I would assume these aren't worth much now correct? Hole is kinda big too. I usually use my 20 tac on these.

Back in February of 2014 there was an article here that was titled how do you prepare your fur that may be worth visiting for some people that are wanting to learn more about putting up their animal's pelts . I know it's a lot of work but in the economy of today it will earn you more per-pelt . I tried to always put mine up well and have been ask a few times why the fur buyer paid me more for my pelts then he did for some others , the short answer is he had to do less work to mine to resell them so he had less invested in mine then others fur .