Muzzle devices

xander0791

What is everyone using for a muzzle device on magnum calibers for recoil management?let me preface this by saying I'm not complaining about recoil at all but if I'm going to shoot I'd like to make it as pleasurable as possible

The Patriot Valley Arms Shockwave brake works really well.

I don't like brakes that angle back because of the added concussion. I have a Centershot Rifles Blast Tamer on my 300 Win Mag and could shoot that thing all day long it's so comfortable. Unfortunately Centershot Rifles does not produce those any longer .
Recently I decided to put a muzzle brake on my 308 Win and have ordered a Meraki Machine brake from Red Hawk Rifles . We'll see how that works out.

MBM
This is what I have on a 300wm and my tiny wife shoots this like her 7mm-08.
AE9D0911-4F8D-4BCD-9D68-574F11D8404F.jpeg

I don't like brakes that angle back because of the added concussion.

Neither do I especially with a magnum but the PVA Shockwave, like the Jet Blasts, has what they call a "blast shadow" where the first port directs gas more outwards and blocks the three more rearward ports from blowing back towards the shooter. It works really well at that but also cuts recoil very well.

I put a 5 hole side port self timing Super Baby Beast II brake from MuzzleBrakeandMore on a Christensen Arms Mesa .300 PRC. This is my first big magnum. I shot it for the first time today. After the first shot, I had to sit back and ask myself WTH. It was like shooting my bull barrel .243. Hardly any recoil. I was worried that the recoil would work on my shoulder. And I not afraid of recoil.

Jason

The Patriot Valley Arms Shockwave brake works really well.

I went with this .. even tho I ordered the 27th he said it might ship next week