Muzzle break

Anyone in western Montana area recommend a good gunsmith to install a muzzle break. It would be for a 300rum.
Where exactly are you at and how far are you willing to travel? Do you already have the muzzle brake?

OLSON GUNSMITHING INC
500 FIRST ST, PLAINS, MT 59859
(406) 826-3790

Alex Wheeler (https://www.wheeleraccuracy.com)
1213 East Glendale st.
Dillon Mt. 59725
(406) 596-0892

Last edited:
Where exactly are you at and how far are you willing to travel? Do you already have the muzzle brake?

OLSON GUNSMITHING INC
500 FIRST ST, PLAINS, MT 59859
(406) 826-3790

Alex Wheeler (https://www.wheeleraccuracy.com)
1213 East Glendale st.
Dillon Mt. 59725
(406) 596-0892
I don't have one picked out yet never used one before. But im getting a little older and dont like the full recoil of the ultra mag anymore. Im an hour north of missoula.

St Regis area.....sweet....any whitetail in your garden....i mean vermin....of course.....
What is the whitetail vs muley population like around thereabouts...

St Regis area.....sweet....any whitetail in your garden....i mean vermin....of course.....
What is the whitetail vs muley population like around thereabouts...
I'm actually about an hour north and east from st regis. But have hunted there a bit. Lots of both whitetails and mule deer in the area.

Don't pay to much for the break itself $30.00 - $50.00. If you read the info. and data on how a break works. The first 3 holes of a break are what dampens the recoil. Some breaks do reduce recoil a little better than others but will you notice the difference of 15% decrease in recoil and what will that cost you in $$$. Ihave shot with many different breaks I personally could not detect much of a difference in recoil from the $30.00 Harell breaks to $ 150.00 plus breaks. Most on a 7mm RUM. Machining to attach the break is more important.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.