Muzzle break

Check out the insite arms heathen.
It's almost identical to a hellfire but the last baffle isn't angled back at the shooter so it cuts the rearward muzzle blast. I run it on my prs rifle now instead of hellfire bc it makes shot tracking easier.

I have a browning a bolt 7mm stw that I got in a trade. Recoil isn't as bad as expected but muzzle jump is pretty good. Thinking about a break just don't know what to get. Any help would be appreciated.

I got the Ultradyne Pegasus for my 300 win mag , my first ever brake, I am pleased with it.

I have a browning a bolt 7mm stw that I got in a trade. Recoil isn't as bad as expected but muzzle jump is pretty good. Thinking about a break just don't know what to get. Any help would be appreciated.
Get a HUDU muzzle brake from Southern Percision Tooling, Maryville, TN. Best brake out there. Check out the shot with the but of the rifle from the cheek. Shooting a 260 dingo, 30-06 necked to 6.5mm 100gr bullet at 3900ft per second.

I have a MBM lil' Beast on my 300 Rum.
Like it a lot. Kicks a lil' bit less than with the Magna Brake radial . Nathan is great to work with.
Have 2 other integral radial brakes on TC MGM barrel and a Bullberry barrel. rifles. They work well also.

We've had great results with the Terminator line. It's a side vent brake so you don't have the dirt blast like I did with my old Vais radial brake. We used the T2 on 2 7mm LRMs and the T1 on a 300 WSM. They tamed down the muzzle jump nicely.

I put an American Precision Arms Little B* on a custom 7mm. I did lots of research and relied on the some great research and field tests that showed the APA was pretty much the best overall break. It you want to correct muzzle jump specifically JEC Customs was the best for that. It was my #2 pick.

Area 419 awesome breaks self timing easy install I put one on my 6.5 SAUM and has the recoil of a 223 can stay on target for the long shots if a follow shot is needed or just to see the target go down

Muzzle brakes and more make some nice brakes that do not break the bank. They work good and look good too. I have two of them and when I need more brakes thats were I will be going.

One that I'm super happy with is the JP recoil eliminator (tank brake). I've not seen much mention of it but it works. I have one on my .300WM and it works well enough that I don't lose the target on 16x @ 100 yards. I have been shooting this .300win for about 2 months, then went back to my .308 and realized how well it actually works. My non braked 15lb .308 has significantly more recoil than my 9lb .300. Good to hear. The only brake I have a little experience with. guy showed on the bench next to me with JP tank brakes on four guns. Everytime he shot the muzzle blast moved my hair. But the muzzle blast did not seem any louder than my unbraked 300 Weatherby. He was shooting a 30-378 Weatherby.It was the quietest brake I ever seen. He let me shoot his braked 30-378 and it almost pulled the gun out of my hands. I was impressed. If I ever get a 416 Weatherby I am thinking the JP tank braked is the way to go.

JP gets my vote.
I have a little experience shooting 50 cal with their delta muzzle brake. Very effective for taming the beast.

'Recoil isn't as bad as expected but muzzle jump is pretty good.'

Swap or modify the stock to have less drop at heel. That gets the rifle to recoil straight back and not 'pivot' upwards. Add a brake to fine-tune if you have too.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts