Muzzle break cleaning

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

The brake in question is a MBM Beast, not self timing and not easily removed and replaced. Would rather not take it off to clean it.

I think that i will get some nylon .35 cal brushes and a pistol cleaning rod and clean the brake to the point I don't get any discoloration on patches than clean the barrel my usual way from the bore with a possum. Not trying to do a complete cleaning just want to know that I am getting all the carbon and copper out of the barrel during break in.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

The brake in question is a MBM Beast, not self timing and not easily removed and replaced. Would rather not take it off to clean it.

I think that i will get some nylon .35 cal brushes and a pistol cleaning rod and clean the brake to the point I don't get any discoloration on patches than clean the barrel my usual way from the bore with a possum. Not trying to do a complete cleaning just want to know that I am getting all the carbon and copper out of the barrel during break in.
I have that exact brake - see my earlier post. You'll be surprised!

p1010173-jpg.152341

This is the brake, not self timing. Tightens up on shoulder on barrel. They do make a self timing version.

I usually clean my Brakes in my Ultra Sonic cleaner around once a year.
Ultrasonic cleaners are the cats meow for cleaning muzzle brakes. Just remove the brake and toss it in the cleaner while you go about cleaning the rifle bore. The brake will be squeaky clean before you are finished cleaning the barrel.

Take an old pill bottle and fill it with Bore Tech C4. Drop the brake in it and let it soak overnight. Remove it and wash it with hot water under the faucet. It will look like it's brand new.
This also works well with mzl breech plugs.

Ultrasonic cleaners are the cats meow for cleaning muzzle brakes. Just remove the brake and toss it in the cleaner while you go about cleaning the rifle bore. The brake will be squeaky clean before you are finished cleaning the barrel.

+1 for the ultrasonic cleaner. Comes out of the cleaner looking brand new. No trying to scrub the hard to reach areas. Works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts