Muzzle Brakes

fnsakdel

I am new here so if has been covered I cant find it so I will ask? Has anyone here ever tried out this muzzle brake or compensator as he calls it. The VA-Compensator from http://www.bp-tec.com ? I have just put one on a Browning A-Bolt and one on a Browning H-Bar and was wondering if any others had tried them to see their thoughts on them. The A-Bar is brand new and the H-Bar is new to me.
When I went to range yesterday, didn't have a lot of time but did get a hour in. I am going to have to go by my feeling (since I have no facts). I feel that the compensators did eliminate the muzzle flip I would say they fell very neutral. I can not tell any difference in noise or pressure to me right behind them but I would like to have a nay Sayers to go with me one of these times to get their opinion.
As far as recoil he was saying 39% recoil reduction and I would have to say it doesn't live up to that (understand I am just going off of my feelings) if I put a number to it I would say between 25% to maybe 30%. I had shot them both 2 wks ago with out them. I should spend more time and try them with them off then screw on again.

The browning A bolt was shooting very well at 100 yard, decent trigger pull but could be better, but the H Bar has problem's (rear scope mount broke that mite explain my 8 foot groupings). And the trigger pull is crap.
Thanks Del

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.