Muzzle brakes

What diameter is your barrel at the muzzle? Looking for a self timing brake or one that has to be timed in a lathe?

I have self timers in 5/8-24, .990" OD. Smooth timing nut, 2.0 oz. 2.25" OAL. They are $180 shipped.
6F34BC51-7DC7-4BB8-8804-EDAFE9B9CBA0.jpeg

Yep.....what 'Wedgy' said.
Also, might wanna check out the PVA 'Jetblast' series. I have one on a 6.5 "You-Know-What" and it does great! 😉

Thanks I have a radial on it now just looking for one to cut down on shooter blast and less recoil would be nice recoil is not terrible with out one on it I have it off now setting in the stand waiting it's our 2 nd day of Kansas rifle season

Just another brake question. I have some brakes with top smaller ports. even one with threads so you can install allen screws to block all three little ports or just one making it adjustable.

What is the consensus on top ports, none of the rifles have small diameter barrels to induce whip? Are they good or bad?

Based on some slow motion video I saw, brakes with top holes can definitely bend even heavy barrels and might even adversely affect bedding. However, I've got a few of Kirby Allen PK (PainKiller) brakes that have 3 holes on top. All of my rifles shoot very well with them. "If" my barrels are bending or whiping downward it hasn't presented any negative effects that I've detected.

Just another brake question. I have some brakes with top smaller ports. even one with threads so you can install allen screws to block all three little ports or just one making it adjustable.

What is the consensus on top ports, none of the rifles have small diameter barrels to induce whip? Are they good or bad?
APA's gen 3 MBs (https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/collections/gen-3-muzzle-brakes) is similar to what you are describing. IMHO, if you have the ability to tune muzzle rise/fall, it is a good idea.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.