Muzzle brakes???

tadge

Hi All,

Looking at putting a brake on a Rem 700 LTR 300SAUM. Anyone got any opinions or comments on which one to choose. I am pretty keen on the JPrifles recoil eliminator, but they dont have any in stock.

Cheers

Tadge

Check out the link below and look at Nate's V-port brake its the one I use and works very well. Any of the baffel style brakes work well , the big JP is very effective but very big and I think it takes away from the rifles look. JP also makes a Benni Cooley brake that works well and is not as big

Thanks for the input, I have heard of NATES brakes from another user on this forum, good to have a look at them on his site.

How would you rate them against somthing like the one from JP?

Cheers

Tadge

Its unfair for me to say that one is absolutely better than the other without actualy shoot them on the same gun.

I have used a big JP brake on two guns and I would say that their are probably the most effective due to the huge first baffel and chamber that stripps off and redirects the gas. The price you pay for this great effectiveness is size and looks. If you don't mind having that thing hanging off the end of your gun then get it or if you want the absolute most reduction possible as any cost. But if you want a great effective brake with good looks that will be installed perfectly Nate's brake is a great choice. the other baffel style brakes will all work well it realy jst boils down to what you want.

James,
Likewise I have only used the two brakes mentioned and the Vais. I didn't mention the Vais since it is not a solid bottom brake and I prefer the solid bottom for prone shooting.

I think the JP is a waste. It's big and awkward and I don't think it works any better than the slim line partition style brakes. Get on of Carlocks or Nathan Dagley's (308nate) and you'll be happy.

SSG break

Hi Brendan Geoff has Nates SSG breaks here now and could fit one the same day your rifle arrived and then repost it the same day.

Give me a call.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.