Muzzle brake weight savings

To avoid the thread going off track here... Levi, @snox801... he was quoting Rhian on that, not you.

Yes, the T1 are very light. I have one sitting here. Great machine work and light as heck considering it's steel. The weight savings are lessened with Titanium as you go down in brake diameter. My smallest brake diameter right now is .76". I believe the T1 is under .7".

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

My apologies, I should have stated that this info was vs the T2. The 860 series is .860" diameter.

Also Made in USA. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Not that I have anything against the Terminator brakes. They work great.

My apologies, I should have stated that this info was vs the T2. The 860 series is .860" diameter.

Also Made in USA. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Not that I have anything against the Terminator brakes. They work great.
Right. Why would someone possibly compare apples to apples.
I didn't say you were I just said I'd like to see it. As stated I've been burned before. Also as stated steel will always be heavier. Plus if you like the terminator you will love the salmon river ti brakes.
Here my background. I have Been chai g light yet functional parts for years. I have bought a crazy amount of brakes. And traded them all. The terminator works ok but is much longer than I wanted and heavier. The salmon river is the best at recoil reduction I've used. It's a lot about surface area and port design. They are quite good and like is said anything made of ti will be 30 percent lights or should have more surface area hence more recoil reduction.
So sorry if I came off as calling you a liar that was not my intentions.
I've exclusively sold Terminator brakes for 7 years. Ive got a pretty good handle on R&D and design of brakes. You stated the Terminator is much longer and heavier. Kind of a blanket statement, like Terminator only makes one brake? Which of the 22 different model Terminators might you be referring to? I have T1's at one once up to the T7 at almost 4 lbs with everything in between.

You are correct sorry the terminator I've played with was to long for my taste although it worked well. That being said a comparable ti brake would still
Be lighter. So if the designs are similar and one is .7and one is 7.6 the 7.6 will or should reduce more recoil based on surface area. If if they are the same size the reduction would be the same but ti will always be lighter.

Now keep in mind I'm not trying to sway you you clearly have a motive because you sell them which is fine apples to apples ti is lighter.
Now in my case I prefer slab style brake for looks and recoil with a shorter length. Most people don't like them and prefer the terminator style which is what makes this great we all have different tastes. The look was the main reason I didn't go with a terminator. That and I was looking to cut every little bit mainly for fun. So the ti made sense. Heck I even have a ti firing pin. Talk about not worth it bu the kids it is fun.

As stated above. The T1 weighs 1.1 oz , oops I guess I lied, looks like 1 oz. Why would I say something that isn't true? You buy it, weigh it and it's more, then you call me a liar, but not first.View attachment 228212
The company lists the T1 from 1.23-1.42 oz, maybe you should contact them and let them know they weight them wrong. Already bought many!!

So school me on something.
So as stated I really like the look of the slab brakes so I run those. But when doing some research and inquiring about kirbys slab style what is the benefit to the round ones? Is it more about looks? Because the the slabs would have more surface area for length. Is it just preference?

The recoil reduction amount is mainly based on the amount of exposure the brake has to the clearance bore on each port. The angle of the ports also affects it.

Also, if you look at your slab brakes from me, will you see the tapered angle at the beginning of the first port. I call that the gas splitter, as it forces the gas out into the ports. You only get this from brakes that are back angled as opposed to straight 90 degree ports.

There are many test videos on Youtube to show the difference. If you like slab style, then run them but most would rather run something a fraction of the size and weight with the same or better performance. In this video I linked you can see the slab brake you are referring to compared to the T2 which is obviously half the size. It's at about 1:05 in the video. It's not all surface area. Here is the link >>> Test Video

Be very interested to see the difference in the salmon river that seems to have all the same features as the the terminator as far as the gas splitter and the angels ports. Most slabs don't have that angle or the splitter. After this two wouldn't surface area also come into play?
Say you have the same ports and splitter wouldn't a slab break do a bit more?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.