Muzzle brake weight savings

I haven't done it yet BUT I think if you got a steel mag box working well and then tipped the feed lips in the thickness of the metal you could use it as a form, prepreg and bag it and have a slick center feed box.

A Terminator T1 muzzle brake only weighs 1.1 oz and is made of good 'ol SS. I don't see the reason to go to aluminum or Ti. To save one gram? A Terminator T2 which isn't a tiny brake only weighs 2.2 oz not a lot of room to cut weight when it already weighs next to nothing.

I haven't done any work with carbon fiber stuff but I'm probably going to have to look into it. My first project was going to be a carbon fiber bottom metal floor pla
I haven't done any work with carbon fiber stuff but I'm probably going to have to look into it. My first project was going to be a carbon fiber bottom metal floor plate
deal I'll again be your first customer. I'll even help fund the r&d. Needs to be 4" basically a copy of the wyatts extended just less weight.

A Terminator T1 muzzle brake only weighs 1.1 oz and is made of good 'ol SS. I don't see the reason to go to aluminum or Ti. To save one gram? A Terminator T2 which isn't a tiny brake only weighs 2.2 oz not a lot of room to cut weight when it already weighs next to nothing.
Problem is when does that thinking stop. Scope stock barrel. I've done a few which all I lose in certain parts are what you are talking about but add it up. Action screws., recoil pad all the little stuff adds up. I can tell you the salmon river ti slab brake is much larger than the painkiller and works better and weighs enough less to make it very worth it. Say you cut 1 ounce off that t2 then an ounce off the recoil pad. Then 1 off the bolt one off the recoil lug. Now your 1/4 lbs.

How is 1.5 oz 30% lighter than 1.1 oz?
Anything made of ss will be 30 percent lighter if made of ti.
Lus is like to see what they actually weighs seems like those weights may be a bit light but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I just have been building light stuff for a long time and most things are not what they say. Heck most light weight rilfes I've bought or compared weigh them without the bolt. How is that ok.

@livetohunt has "the muzzle" brakes for sale over on rokslide they are all 1.5oz or less, work sporter to m24 contours. I've been happy with the few I have, and they're not even the latest and greatest.

@livetohunt has "the muzzle" brakes for sale over on rokslide they are all 1.5oz or less, work sporter to m24 contours. I've been happy with the few I have, and they're not even the latest and greatest.

thanks! But we had to change the name and just said it's an updated version of the Ti Pro line of brakes. The 760 series 860 series and 990 series. The 990 series are 2.2 oz though, definitely over 1.5 oz!

I don't see any Terminator brakes that weigh that little.
As stated above. The T1 weighs 1.1 oz , oops I guess I lied, looks like 1 oz. Why would I say something that isn't true? You buy it, weigh it and it's more, then you call me a liar, but not first.
20201126_181842.jpg

I didn't say you were I just said I'd like to see it. As stated I've been burned before. Also as stated steel will always be heavier. Plus if you like the terminator you will love the salmon river ti brakes.
Here my background. I have Been chai g light yet functional parts for years. I have bought a crazy amount of brakes. And traded them all. The terminator works ok but is much longer than I wanted and heavier. The salmon river is the best at recoil reduction I've used. It's a lot about surface area and port design. They are quite good and like is said anything made of ti will be 30 percent lights or should have more surface area hence more recoil reduction.
So sorry if I came off as calling you a liar that was not my intentions.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.