Muzzle brake suggestions for sporter barrel

megastink

I have an opportunity on a .243 barrel that's threaded. It's a .565 barrel diameter at the muzzle. Don't know the thread count yet. Does anyone have a muzzle brake suggestion for a sporter weight barrel? I'd like it to attach flush, even if it widens near the end. TIA!

I dropped off my .243 at the local gunsmith last week to thread the end of the barrel. Plan on using it with my TBAC Dominus suppressor if/when the darn thing gets out of jail. While it's not a flush attachment, I started running the Area 419 Hellfire system on other rifles with sporter weight barrels and will do the same with the .243. Can switch between suppressor and self-timing muzzle brake in a matter of seconds. The brake is fantastic; however, it's a big old thing that is no where near flush mounted. That said, it works as advertised as one of the best brakes out there.

Short of custom gunsmith work the only thing close would be a .750 muzzle brake you can buy off the shelf that I'm aware of.

I have an opportunity on a .243 barrel that's threaded. It's a .565 barrel diameter at the muzzle. Don't know the thread count yet. Does anyone have a muzzle brake suggestion for a sporter weight barrel? I'd like it to attach flush, even if it widens near the end. TIA!
Short of custom gunsmith work the only thing close would be a .750 muzzle brake you can buy off the shelf that I'm aware of.
I have a rifle with the same muzzle OD. Nathan's mini beast is .670" OD (https://muzzlebrakesandmore.com/beast-1-piece)

The barrel is already threaded, so I think I need a need a self timing brake. Too bad he doesn't make the mini in a two piece.
Just get the MBM Mini Beast. I believe Nathan will taper it to your barrel for a small fee, then have your local smith time it for you. my .02

The barrel is already threaded, so I think I need a need a self timing brake. Too bad he doesn't make the mini in a two piece.
Consult with Nathan if he recommends using a crush washer.

Sorry, I missed the threaded part. @sierracharlie338 is correct .750" OD might be your best bet unless you go radial.

Last edited:
Ross Brakes is an option also. He will taper to your barrel dia. and bore to caliber for you. Then you would still need to have a smith time it, unless you have access to a lathe. I have a couple of Kelly`s brakes. One on a 300 RUM, and one on a 6.5 PRC. No complaints