muzzle brake sound

There is also selective hearing. I must be gifted with it. I was never one to wear hearing protection. And considering I was a M1A1 Tanker & company armorer. I was also a Mechanic (car racing w/ headers) & motorcycles for over 30 years along with working construction. From running heavy equipment to jackhammers. Hunting most of my life. I also DJ at clubs & did sound for bands. I still have pretty good hearing. Just had a hearing test at work. Which is a loud manufacturing plant of windows. I have fired guns indoors. This is usually the ear ringer for me at times. But I have been getting used to it, the more I do it. Out my back windows. I do like the idea of the newer hearing protection they offer these days. And could see it as a good investment for some. Possibly the cheaper route than trying to put suppressors or silencers on someones guns.
Well in Army in the 68-70 they didn't supply anything but you supplied your ears. While being in an Armorer Cav unit. I was next and even with the muzzle 152mm tank cannon. Man that hurt and on a APC that hit a land mine. Both time I couldn't hear anything for awhile. Not saying anything about all the gun fire going during that year. I have a ring or squeal in my ears from then going forward. I just learn to live with it. Besides who wants to hear an animal run off in the forest.
Top that off, the VA said my hearing lost wasn't service connected. 🤣 o_O

Well in Army in the 68-70 they didn't supply anything but you supplied your ears. While being in an Armorer Cav unit. I was next and even with the muzzle 152mm tank cannon. Man that hurt and on a APC that hit a land mine. Both time I couldn't hear anything for awhile. Not saying anything about all the gun fire going during that year. I have a ring or squeal in my ears from then going forward. I just learn to live with it. Besides who wants to hear an animal run off in the forest.
I hear the animals just fine. That is usually my first indication they are present. Especially in bow season.

No worries they'll run ads on the TV for lawyers about service connected hearing problems once your dead. That is their SOP, Has been for a while now. Only you can say when your hearing loss began. I don't doubt you. But it is hard to prove from back then, I suppose after all these years. (Especially if you don't have it in your service records from back then.) I'm sure it wasn't the first thing you thought about upon coming home. It's a sad affair. The politicians have always kicked the can down the road when it involved helping the Vets. I suppose they figure we should know better by now. It's nothing new. Look how long it took with agent orange, etc.

Better yet going into or drafted into the Army. The chart showing my hearing was prefect going in, and I had ears tested afterwards. The VA said I had a hearing lost, but it wasn't services connected. Figure that? 🤣I am already 100% disable to it won't do any good.
I just 🤣🤣🤣 about it.
I am going to check out the earing devise.

Better yet going into or drafted into the Army. The chart showing my hearing was prefect going in, and I had ears tested afterwards. The VA said I had a hearing lost, but it wasn't services connected. Figure that? 🤣I am already 100% disable to it won't do any good.
I just 🤣🤣🤣 about it.
I am going to check out the earing devise.
Not sure how they can deny that if this is the case. I suppose they need to see a lawyer fee. lol

Thanks for your service. NEVER TRUST OUR GOVERNMENT.

A new deafinition of deaf and dumb.

A proper brake will reduce recoil, lift and twist. If you shoot any center fire rifle without proper hearing protection you will lose your ability to hear people laughing at your false bravado.

A proper brake will reduce recoil, lift and twist. If you shoot any center fire rifle without proper hearing protection you will lose your ability to hear people laughing at your false bravado.