Muzzle Brake Question???

7mmRemMag

Has anybody on here ever used a guide series muzzle brake from Williams Gun Sight in Davidson, Michigan on any of your rifles or long range rigs? I'm looking to send off my Savage model 11 300wsm because they seem to have the best prices $199. I'd appreciate the feed back on anyone who has had any gunsmith work through them.

Thanks - J.J.

I also found a gunsmith in Nevada that makes the " Baker Brake " wondering if anyone has one of those? They look very similar to the vias brake

Search for Ross schuler or Idahoctd on here, very nice muzzlebrake hat is effective and good price.

Center Shot Rifles - Products / Sales - Muzzle Brakes

CSR 3 Port Muzzle Brakes
The CSR brake has proven itself as an efficient and effective recoil reducer on cartridges up to the 338 lapua. With new choices in sizes this brake is filling the market as the gunsmiths preferred stocking brake. Made of 30 rockwell stainless steel.

The CSR Brakes are available in 3 sizes:
.760" with a 1/2X28tpi
.885" with a 9/16X24tpi
1.000" with a 5/8X24tpi
By design the OD of these brakes can be turned down approximately .025" only

Gunsmiths, inquire about are great Dealer pricing!
Retail customers: $80.00 shipped, or $170.00 installed.

Center Shot Rifles - Products / Sales - Muzzle Brakes

CSR 3 Port Muzzle Brakes
The CSR brake has proven itself as an efficient and effective recoil reducer on cartridges up to the 338 lapua. With new choices in sizes this brake is filling the market as the gunsmiths preferred stocking brake. Made of 30 rockwell stainless steel.

The CSR Brakes are available in 3 sizes:
.760" with a 1/2X28tpi
.885" with a 9/16X24tpi
1.000" with a 5/8X24tpi
By design the OD of these brakes can be turned down approximately .025" only

Gunsmiths, inquire about are great Dealer pricing!
Retail customers: $80.00 shipped, or $170.00 installed.

I have one of Jim's Muscle Brakes. I absolutely LOVE EM! & I have no qualms recommending (or seconding the recommendation in this case).
Very effective, & with quality components.

Oh ya, I'm not alone either. There's a TON of LRH members who swear by these brakes too.

I'm not knocking anyone's product, or price. There are alot of effective timed brakes on the market like Jims brake, Ross' brake, Kirby's brake, Nates brake, Shawns brake etc. just to name a few. Prices ranging from "scary" cheap to "you gotta be outa your mind" expensive and everywhere in between. There are many factors to consider whats "best for you". Quality of components, price, proven track record, availability, number & size of ports in perportion to case capacity, outside diameter, slab or round, durability, the person or shop doing the install etc. Best isn't always the cheapest or most expensive. It's a personal choice considering many variables.
But I'm flat out sold on CSR Brakes cause I'm a believer in getting what you pay for, as well as being frugal with my money. My CSR brake was worth every penny & then some.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts