Muzzle Brake for Remington 700

Praire Dog

Hi, could you recommend me a muzzle brake for my Remington 700 milspec 5R in 308W? No thread on the barrel

Hi, could you recommend me a muzzle brake for my Remington 700 milspec 5R in 308W? No thread on the barrel

Do you plan to have it threaded? The search feature of this site is your friend, take advantage of it. "IF" you do a search, there are plenty of excellent MBs to choose from.

ADDED:

Just noticed you're from Spain. Not sure about the import/export rules. Do you have access to a gunsmith? Average to thread the muzzle is ~$100. Do you know MBs locally available for you?

Last edited:
2871C5E8-EE25-49DF-909D-10444CBB85A8.jpeg

that's my 5r milspec with a grizzly gunworks clamp on brake with noise redirector, he makes regular brakes too, have a clamp on my 300wby, works great also.

I just put a Witt MB1 clamp on brake on my rem700 .308 win with a varmint profile barrel. That thing definitely reduces felt recoil significantly. I'm still evaluating how it affects accuracy. So far it doesn't seem to negatively impact accuracy but I haven't noticed that it improves things either. So for my 114 dollars, less recoil to be able to spot my own impacts and no big downside to accuracy, it seems to be working out well so far.

Do you plan to have ir threaded? The search feature of this site is your friend, take advantage of it. "IF" you do a search, there are plenty of excellent MBs to choose from.

ADDED:

Just noticed you're from Spain. Not sure about the import/export rules. Do you have access to a gunsmith? Average to thread the muzzle is ~$100. Do you know MBs locally available for you?

Hello guys, thanks for your answers and sorry for the delay in my reply.

You are right, I'm from Spain. My rifle doesn't have a thread and in Spain it's very difficult to make one in the rifle because the modifications in weapons are very controlled. I would have to write a lot of documents and pay a lot of taxes to make the thread, so it doesn't worth it.

I will try to import the muzzle brake that people recommended me, and we will see if I can get it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.