Muzzle Brake for AR-15

Iowaboy

Hey Guys,

I have a DPMS low pro classic with the 16" bull barrel. Even with the 40 grain bullets I'm getting a fair amount of muzzle jump. Can anyone reconmend a good break for this rifle to eliminate the muzzle jump so I can see the prairie dogs I plan on blowing up this summer.

I will be shooting prone mostly so maybe something that doesn't blow dust all over me and my gun would be helpful.

Hey Guys,

I have a DPMS low pro classic with the 16" bull barrel. Even with the 40 grain bullets I'm getting a fair amount of muzzle jump. Can anyone reconmend a good break for this rifle to eliminate the muzzle jump so I can see the prairie dogs I plan on blowing up this summer.

I will be shooting prone mostly so maybe something that doesn't blow dust all over me and my gun would be helpful.

Holland's Quick Discharge is what I used on a 16" AR -- Works Great!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial][FONT=Verdana, Arial]541.439.5155 [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks Ernie.

Anyone else, other opinions or is this the best option?

Thanks in advance.

I primarily shoot 3-Gun with my AR's. That said, on my 18" and 16" rifles, I went with the Triangle Shooting Sports Rolling Thunder as it is shoots scary flat.

I've tried:
- JP Recoil Eliminator
- JP Bennie Cooley Brake
- DPMS Miculek Brake
- Surefire Suppressor Adaptor

Other than the JP Recoil Eliminator which is huge and SUPER loud the TSS Rolling Thunder controls jump the best IMHO. The DPMS though is tough to beat if on a budget.

Rich

i plan on braking my bushmaster varminter. i have a few defensive edge brakes and have talked to shawn about putting one on the AR. This is the brake i would use. shawn carlocks number is 208-687-2659. good luck and please post the results when you decide on one.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.