Muzzle Brake for 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC

Well remove the brake and shoot it without the brake. Then you'll know how much it reduces the recoil. I shoot my 338 lapua improved with 300s without the brake and believe me, it makes a huge difference. I can't shoot it much more than 15 shots before it's no fun anymore without the brake. I'm building a 30 Sherman Mag also and it WILL wear a Ross brake.

Yeah ... I thought about that ... for about a second ... then I realized I just don't need to know THAT bad ... 😁

Ross brakes are now 49.00 shipped. Contouring the brake to match barrel IS still included. They did jump 12.00 so around 25% increase. Rossbrakes.com

Last edited:
I recently bought my 1st Ross brake for a 6.5 PRC.
Not only did it tame the recoil down to .243 levels but the customer service was exceptional.
Within an hour of placing my order Kelly sent the shipping info and 2 days later I had it in my hands.
Kelly Driesel will get more of my business for sure.

That's what I did ...

I use Ross Schuler side & top port brakes ... but ... I think he may have recently retired/sold his equipment to someone else who may or may not still be making the brakes.

Last ones I bought were $37 each ... shipped. Far better than their price would suggest but I don't know how they would compare to the high dollar stuff from aliens and unmarried parents :)
Yes, Kelly Driesel now owns it. The standard MB price went up to $49 but he now have self-timing MBs for $89.

I recently bought my 1st Ross brake for a 6.5 PRC.
Not only did it tame the recoil down to .243 levels but the customer service was exceptional.
Within an hour of placing my order Kelly sent the shipping info and 2 days later I had it in my hands.
Kelly Driesel will get more of my business for sure.
Yep business hasn't changed in anyway since he took over. Just the prices bumped up a little. Still a steal.

Yep business hasn't changed in anyway since he took over. Just the prices bumped up a little. Still a steal.
I have several of his brakes, including my 6.5 PRC. I live about 25 miles from Kelly, and the last brake I bought he said stop by and I'll time it for you too! Great guy to visit with and a top notch product. He is also building self timing brakes as well. A+ customer service

I have several of his brakes, including my 6.5 PRC. I live about 25 miles from Kelly, and the last brake I bought he said stop by and I'll time it for you too! Great guy to visit with and a top notch product. He is also building self timing brakes as well. A+ customer service
I'll be ordering one for a future build.

yo
Short answer - "Yes" - but it will have to be a brake that handles 30 cal. It won't go well if you try to fire a 30 cal bullet through a 6.5 muzzle brake.

This also means there will be a little bit of reduced effectiveness in the recoil reduction when using it on the 6.5.
You are correct...but the reduction is minimal

Is it possible to have a muzzle brake that is interchangeable for these two rounds, knowing the threading is the same?

if yes, suggestions on brakes?
Yes as long as you buy the 30 caliber brake and not the brake made for a 6.5 caliber. I use a 30 caliber EC Tuner Brake on my AR10 308 Win and on my 6.5 Creedmoor for a while until I bought one for my 6.5 specifically. I got tired of moving them from one to the other.