Must use 30 cal for moose

I think the Swedes have been taking Moose and big ones with the 6.5x55mm Swede for a long time and still do. 🤔

I think the Swedes have been taking Moose and big ones with the 6.5x55mm Swede for a long time and still do. 🤔
at 1200 + yards ? were you there to witness it or just heard it on the grapevine ?

same deal with the supa snypa eskimo with a 22, might have happened ONCE .... & don't believe anything eskimos tell you about hunting .... heard hundreds of stories how they smite caribou at a mile with a 223, apparrently they figured out how to shoot downwind instead of against or crosswind, the wind helps carry the bullet .....

all that with a $35 2x7 Tasco & broken crosshair wires, lol !

at 1200 + yards ? were you there to witness it or just heard it on the grapevine ?

same deal with the supa snypa eskimo with a 22, might have happened ONCE .... & don't believe anything eskimos tell you about hunting .... heard hundreds of stories how they smite caribou at a mile with a 223, apparrently they figured out how to shoot downwind instead of against or crosswind, the wind helps carry the bullet .....

One time I legit shot a barn swallow out of the the sky with a C02 powered BB pistol. Of course there were about 5000 misses over the course of my youth trying to do this very thing but that's not so fun to talk about 😁.

This business of "it could work" vs "it's right for the job" is an eternal exercise in banging one's head into a wall! I've already talked about it on this thread…had a great great uncle back in the 30s who was a capable shooter in desperate times and it was common knowledge to a number of people that he took a number of elk and moose with his .22 hornet because it was his only gun and his family was hungry. Headshots only.

This hardly means a .22 hornet is an appropriate moose gun just cuz a guy killed a moose with one!!!!!!

I'm selfishly hoping for a short range shot with the TC. 👍
It's on !!

the last pieces of the puzzle just showed up the other day !

52B2AE33-7288-436A-B791-FB3F4AFC2FE0.jpeg

Me? Well, I read that they did... perhaps the writer should have checked with you first and got the real story. 🤔 😉

my 300 RUM comment was in agreement that the 300 RUM works extremely well on moose and validation from my personal experience

and I'm not necessarily looking for + or - on the power scale, just something new & different, in both .... cartridge and bullet

I'm always trying new bullets on moose and this past season stomped a bull with my 300 LRC using a Badlands 205 gr Super Bulldozer 2 bullet and watched my brother dump a bull with my 300 RUM using my handloads with the new Federal 175 Ascent bulllet , both bullet/cartridge combos worked extremely well on a couple nice bulls

I'm hoping the new Barnes 208 gr LRX will be out and available before moose season, apparently they have redesigned the bullet for higher bc's and to open up at even longer distances/slower velocities, BUT require an 8 tw barrel for optimum results, so that kind of leaves my factory barreled rifles in 7.82 Warbird, 30-378 WBY, 300 RUM, 300 WBY, 300 Win Mag, 300 WSM, 30-06, 308 Win and 30-30 out of the hunt.... unless rebarreled with a proper twist barrel... but if I'm rebarreling a rifle with a high grade Rock or Bartlein I can't bring myself to do a factory chambering, it always ends up with a wildcat chamber, just the way things work in my world

just brainstorming and scheming on a thirty, thirsty for blood

View attachment 262295
Have a client that killed a Bull Moose at 500 yds with the Badlands 195 BD2 using a 300 WSM hitting him Twice with impacts 2 inches apart quartering through the left shoulder. Bullets expanded and went plum through. Fell dead within 10 yds. No plastic tip to impede expansion.